Friday, March 2, 2012

Foodie Fridays: Broccoli Rice Casserole

Hello All,

Sorry my food posts have been none existent lately, but your truly has taken on the Dukan diet and there hasn't been much excitement in my meals recently....Except for my Dad's surprise birthday bash last week that was sort of a potluck deal, in which case I made Broccoli Rice Casserole, and Hallelujah it was easy and delicious!  Maybe I was just missing anything carbs??  I did have some requests for the recipe from party goers, so it must not just be me.



Broccoli Rice Casserole

1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 cups cooked Rice (I used 100% whole grain brown)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, well drained
2 cups Ragu Double Cheddar sauce (cheaper than Cheez Whiz and made with real cheese)

Cook and stir onion in 1 Tbsp. of the butter in large skillet on medium heat until tender. Add rice, soup, broccoli and cheese sauce; mix lightly. Spoon into casserole dish.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.               
                   

No comments:

Link Within

You might also like....
 
01 09 10